Wed, 15 Nov|
Level 1, Wollongong Library
Parent Confidence Project Information Night - School Edition
A FREE information session for a specialised new program for parents with children struggling with school issues
Time & Location
15 Nov 2023, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Level 1, Wollongong Library, 41 Burelli St, Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
About the event
Dear parent, are you feeling:
- Worried about your child’s schooling & mental health?
- Helpless because your parenting efforts seem futile?
- Frustrated that it seems to be getting harder to raise children?
- Guilty because you keep thinking you’re to blame?
- Irritated that you are unable to parent as you’d like?
- Pressured to do so much for your child?
- Desperate to promote your child’s wellbeing?
- Confused by different or conflicting advice?
- Angry you keep getting caught in conflict with your parenting partner?
- Sad that you’re often in conflict with your child?
The Parent Confidence Project is an evidence-based program grounded in Bowen Family Systems Theory. It aims to guide and support a parent's commitment to being family leader by empowering them to promote their children's healthy emotional development and wellbeing. This will mean more independence and resilience, and a greater ability for the child to manage the challenges of pre-adolescence, adolescence and then going into adulthood. These challenges include issues around major changes/transitions, school, identity, friendships, romantic relationships, family relationships and even others such as mental health symptoms.
This session aims to present to parents how this program is highly relevant in 2023, for parents of children of all ages, and how it offers an innovative and unique perspective that differs to other parenting programs currently available.
If you would like to read more about the Project and for access to free resources, please visit https://parenthopeproject.com.au/the-parent-confidence-project/
Light refreshments will be provided on the night and there will be opportunity for questions and discussion.
I look forward to meeting you!